This week's selections to try in the Tasting Machine 17th - 24th October 2018 .......
Available to taste daily
Here's the current selection, 16 wines in total which you can try any time we're open and completely free of charge. Also, you can let us know what you think of them by using the 'like tokens', or social media.
New This Week
- Villa Wolf Dry Riesling, 2016 A snappy bone dry German riesling from the Pflaz region. A good example of a modern German white. Mixed 6 Price £11.50
- Astrolabe Kekerengu Coast Saivignon Blanc, 2016 A lively and well structured New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc from Marlborough's Kererengu coast area. Mixed 6 Price £16.50
- Sancerre Blanc, Domaine du Pré Semelé, 2017 A ripe and zesty example of what Sauvignon Blanc can do on the banks of the Loire in central France. Mixed 6 Price £17.00
- Domaine La Bouissiere 'Les Amis de la Bouissiere' 2016 An interesting and approachable southern Rhône red blend. Can't be called Côtes du Rhône because of the Merlot it contains, but it's well worth a try. Mixed 6 Price £14.50
- Fatalone Primitivo Gioia Del Colle, 2015 A big, warm and full bodied Primitivo from a small, historic estate in the Puglian heel of Italy who are passionately organic. Mixed 6 Price £15.00
Still Going Strong...
- Southern Right Sauvignon Blanc, 2017 A South African Sauvignon Blanc which combines Old World minerality and a New World tropical palate of flavours. Mixed 6 Price £12.00
- La Crotta di Vegneron Petite Arvine, 2016 A light and zippy white from the Val d'Aosta, the alpine foothills of north west Italy, which has a somewhat Swiss feel about it. Mixed 6 Price £16.50
- Prunus Tinto, Dao, 2017 An approachable and well balanced northern Potuguese red made with a blend of traditional grape varieties. Mixed 6 Price £10.50
- Brezo Tinto, Mencia, 2017 This delightfully untames and unpolished red from the far northwest of Spain is a joy to drink. Unoaked and unfiltered it's a very natural wine. Mixed 6 Price £11.50
- Turckheim Alsace Pinot Noir, 2016 An organic Pinot Noir from Alsace in eastern France which is light fresh and fruity, in textbook style, and has the complexity to age well. Mixed 6 Price £15.00
Last chance to try...
- Ciconia Branco, 2016 A bold, weighty and aromatic white blend from Portugal's hot and dry Alentejo region. Mixed 6 Price £9.50
- Chamonix Unoaked Chardonnay, 2017 A pure flavoured, zesty and minerally South African Chardonnay - does what it says on the label. Mixed 6 Price £14.00
- Philip Shaw The Dreamer Viognier, 2017 A highly individual Aussie Viognier from New South Wales' cool climate Orange region. Mixed 6 Price £15.50
- Spier Signature Pinotage, 2017 Classic South African Pinotage with a medium weight and nicely rounded body. Mixed 6 Price £10.00
- Louis Guntrum Dornfelder, 2016 A light and juicy German red from Rheinhessen on the banks of the Rhine made with a native grape variety. Mixed 6 Price £12.50