About Villa Wolf
Founded in 1756, in the Pfalz region of Germany, the J.L. Wolf estate (now called Villa Wolf) was a successful and highly regarded winery for more than two centuries. During its heyday the construction of its Italianate estate house and villa took place in 1843.
Ater a period of decline in the 20th century Ernst Loosen, of the Dr. Loosen estate, took over the vineyards in 1996, which saw a dramatic turnaround in the estates quality and reputation.
Since 2011, the estate has been managed by a talented and dedicated young couple who met while working at Dr. Loosen. Patrick Moellendorf and Sumi Gebauer have brought renewed energy and focus to the viticulture and winemaking at Villa Wolf.