The Negro family have been cultivating vineyards on Piedmont's Roero hills as far back as 1670. It wasn't until the twentieth century, however, that the estate in its current incarnation tok shape.
Angelo Negro started out with just 2 hectares of vines and it wasn't until his son Giovanni, the current owner, joined him that the enterprise started to take off. They built a cellar and winery in Monteu Roero and in 1971 produced the first dry Roero Arneis which has since become one of the trademark white wines of the area. The estate has now grown in size to approaching 70 hectares of vines on some of the best sites in the district. And today Angelo Negro e Figli are known as a specialist Roero Arneis producer which sit alongside several other cuvées in their impressive range.
The third generation of the family is now very much involved in the business and between them they run all aspects of the business.