The Guado al Tasso estate is situated close to the Tuscan coast in the small town of Bolgheri and is in the heart of the prestigious DOC of the same name famed for impressive Super Tuscan reds.
The estate's history can be traced back to the late 1600's under the Della Gherardesca family and first came to prominence under Alberto Della Gherardesca in the 19th Century. In the 1930's the estate was inherited be Carlotta Della Gherardesca Antinori, mother of Marchese Piero Antinori, and her sister and it has since become one of Antinori's extensive collection.
In total the estate covers an area of 320 hectares planted to Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Syrah, Cabernet Franc, Petit Verdot and Vermentino. Their range of reds, headed up by Matarocchio, are benchmark examples of Super Tuscan wines.