Château Coutet is situated just to the west of the town of Saint-Émilion and is within a stone's throw of some the most famous names from the appellation such as Ausone, Canon and Clos Fourtet. The history of the estate dates back to the 15th Century and it is named after Sieur François Coutet the original owner. Since the early 1600's it has been handed down generation after generation and been closely connected to the David Bealieu family during all that time.
The estate, which extends to 12.5 hectares, achieved organic certification in 2012. In fact neither artificial herbicides, or pesticides have ever been used on the estate demonstrating that they were among the pioneers of a sustainable and healthy approach to viticulture. About 60% of the vines are Merlot with about 30% Cabernet Franc with ther rest being Cabernet Sauvignon and other local varieties.